The conference which is held regularly in London, had its inaugural US launch in May last year, and will be held again this year on Monday the 30th of April. Registration for those wishing to attend is now open, and the event is considered to be particularly relevant to regulators and policy advisors, health care providers, tobacco researchers and medical professionals.
The panel of speakers is made up of renowned experts such as the Attorney General of Iowa Tom Miller, Associate dean of academic affairs at the Texas A&M School of Public Health, Amy Fairchild and public health expert Clive Bates.
Vaping remains a much debated topic, and while awareness about e-cigarettes is on the increase, the opinions about their relative benefits or harms have never been more diverse. The US Summit aims to take a closer look at current vaping affairs by sharing the latest research and taking a closer look at current data.
The panel of speakers is made up of experts in the regulatory, public health and tobacco research sectors, including renowned personalities such as the Attorney General of Iowa Tom Miller, Associate dean of academic affairs at the Texas A&M School of Public Health, Amy Fairchild, public health expert Clive Bates, and CEO of Action on Smoking and Health (ASH) UK, Deborah Arnott.
Talks, discussions and panel debates
The main questions explored this year will be the following :
- “What do we know about patterns of use of all tobacco and nicotine products and what key questions remain?
- What does the available research indicate about the relative and absolute health consequences of the use of the range of tobacco and nicotine products?
- How do alternative tobacco and nicotine products impact established tobacco control policies, programs, and regulations?
- What can the experience of other countries teach about regulation of these products?
- What areas of agreement and common ground exist even amidst the debate?
- What are the principles of public health policy and regulation that should shape the future of these products?
- What are the values-based questions that need to be answered to move this debate towards resolution or at least refinement and focus? ”
This event is an opportunity for interested parties to build their knowledge on the topic of vaping, and give them a platform from which to share their viewpoints. The summit will include presentations by renowned professionals who will share the latest research findings, and encourages interaction through panel debates, questions, and discussions.